SAIL TRAINING GREECE - ENGLAND - May 2019
Sailing Ship 'PANORAMA'
Ship fully dedicated to 'Sail Training' project
Ship Operator: www.VarietyCruises.com
Period: May 6 to May 25, 2019
Itinerary: Athens/Piraeus, GREECE to Liverpool, U.K.
Participants: students + non-student partners + instructors + ship's crew
Royal Yacht Club van België vzw
COURSES ON BOARD
• YACHTMAN – offshore sailing (Federal Public Service)
• YACHTNAVIGATOR – ocean sailing (Federal Public Service)
• STCW 200 GT modules – commercial sailing (Antwerp Maritime Academy)
• GMDSS-SRC – radio-communications (BIPT/IBPT)
• Practical sail-, helmsman- & seamanship-trainings
• For students all set prices INCLUDE:
- Full board!
- Theory & practical courses and exams on board (except Yachtman practical & Yachtnavigator practical & GMDSS-SRC)
- Course materials: syllabi (electronic form), plotter, compass, charts, nautical almanacs, use of life raft & survival suits & flares & tender (Zodiac) & ropes & sextant etc...
- Theory courses (12 to 20 hours) before embarkation
- Practical YACHTMAN exam (1 day) in Nieuwpoort after the trip on Panorama
• For non-student partners all set prices INCLUDE:
- Full board!
• For ALL participants (students & non-student partners) all set prices do NOT INCLUDE:
- Travel (flights) & transfer & travel insurances from Belgium to Athens/Piraeus and from Liverpool to Belgium (estimated cost ± 550 Euro)
- Beverages, personal extra's, WiFi, laundry
• 3.900,- Euro / student in 'double cabin' on lower deck (shared with other student or non-student partner)
• 3.320,- Euro / non-student partner in 'double cabin' on lower deck
• 4.470,- Euro / student in 'single cabin' on lower deck
• 4.560,- Euro / student in 'double cabin' on upper deck (shared with other student or non-student partner)
• 3.850,- Euro / non-student partner in 'double cabin' on upper deck
• 5.200,- Euro / student in 'single cabin' on upper deck
• OPTIONAL: group tickets (flights) & bookings & transfers & travel insurances from Belgium to Athens/Piraeus and from Liverpool to Belgium => estimated cost ± 550 Euro
TERMS & CONDITIONS (T's & C's)
• Registrations until March 1,2019.
• Advance payment: 975,- Euro / participant, to be paid at the latest 8 days after registration.
• Minimum total number of participants (students + non-student partners) required: 15 persons!
• In case of cancellation, only by ship operator ‘Variety Cruises’ and/or in case of less than 15 participants: advance fee will be returned to participants!
• Late registrations (after as of March 1,2019) will be possible until the final project closing date of March 15, 2019.
• In ALL cases the full amount is due by March 15, 2019 and NONREFUNDABLE!
• Each participant needs to agree, on written form, with above T’s & C’s and with the ‘Variety Cruises Limited’ T’s & C’s of carriage. All signed forms are to be submitted the latest 8 days after registration.
COURSES & EXAMS
• YACHTMAN course & YACHTNAVIGATOR course in Dutch and/or French
• 'Commercial Yachting' STCW 200 GT course modules in English
• GMDSS-SCR (course only, with attestation) in Dutch and/or French
• YACHTMAN certificate is pre-requisite (before embarkation) in order to attend YACHTNAVIGATOR course and exam
• YACHTMAN or YACHTNAVIGATOR certificates are pre-requisite in order to attend Commercial Yachting STCW 200 GT course, but can be combined on board
• There is no pre-requisite for the GMDSS-SRC course
• Non-student partners can attend the GMDSS-SRC course (and get attestation) FOR FREE
The 'Clipper Team' of the Antwerp Sailing Academy will provide you with their knowledge en wisdom!
We would like to refer you to the designated page on the ASA-website to get acquainted with the members of the Team (click for LINK)
• FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE Mobility & Transport - DG Shipping
(FOD Mobiliteit DG Scheepvaart / SPF Mobilité & Transport DG Navigation)
• ANTWERP MARITIME ACADEMY
(Hogere Zeevaartschool Antwerpen / Ecole Supérieure de Navigation d'Anvers)
• BELGIAN INSTITUTE FOR POSTAL SERVICES AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS
(Belgisch Instituut voor Postdiensten en Telecommunicatie / Institut Belge des services Postaux et des Télécommunications)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & REGISTRATION
For information & registration, please contact:
David Driebeek / administrator
tel: +32 3 219 27 84 / +32 4 74 43 54 98
Stan Lettany / education co-ordinator
tel: +32 4 75 29 42 07